We interrupt this series of Epistles to bring you an interesting bit of news as I go to have my breakfast.
This morning I have decided it would be good to have a bit of a mini-workout before really getting into my day. AND, here are the results…
- 7 variations of weight lifts
- 3 variations of body twists (in between each is a variation of stretches)
- 20 bends from the waist (touch the floor)
- 20 leg lifts
- 40 push-ups
- 35 crunches (a replacement for the old sit-ups which are not good for anyone)
- 2 sets of 10 vacuums (which are a breathing exercise I was given a few years back)
- then took a wee bike ride: official record — 15.14 kms, average speed 15.5 km/hr with a maximum of 38.7 km/hr, burned up 155 kcal, and the difference in elevation was slightly less than 100 metres up/down
- three sets of skips: 30/30/30
- concluded with two leg stretches of 50 seconds each
And now I am going to have breakfast…
Have a good day. Take care of your health. If I can do this, so can you — but do it in your own fashion. Remember I had to sit through another BC Lions loss last evening so perhaps I had some negative energy to dispel this morning!! (In addition to the growler of summer beer I’d picked up at the Cannery Brewing Company yesterday.